Pasand's mission is to offer young women the opportunity to make choices for their own health and dignity by engineering locally-made, affordable sanitary pads from natural, regionally available fibers. We conceive Pasand to be in the business of changing the ingrained use of unsanitary traditional methods for absorbing menstrual flow. Through education, we believe that we can achieve both our health and educational goals.
Pasand hopes to change the way girls and women in India perceive menstruation by accomplishing the following goals:
- Produce affordable sanitary pads to be sold to young women in India.
- Provide educational resources for young women who otherwise lack access to feminine health information.
Through affordable sanitary protection and health awareness, we provide women with the power to make choices about their own life. Ultimately, Pasand hopes to accomplish the following objectives:
- Increase awareness regarding women's health
- Increase use of sanitary pads, thereby reducing risk of gynecological morbidity
- Decrease number of missed school or work days due to menstruation or health problems associated with poor sanitary protection
- Decrease the number of women who associate menstruation with "social taboos"